Use the quarterly recap to make sure you’re on track by reviewing your best performing content, conversions, and sales goals for the quarter. Use this to set your goals for the next quarter.
The Quarterly Statistics pages are similar to the Monthly Statistics. The goal here is to compile and analyze data from all 3 months to gain insights into what is working, what isn't. What opportunities do you see? What changes or improvements do you need to make?
The purpose of looking at all of this is so you can see that your content marketing is working. See which content is working better than other content (sometimes this can surprise you) and make adjustments moving forward.
There is no shortage of things you can measure. The key here is to measure what matters. Your goals inform what matters. Measure only those things that impact you ability to achieve your goals. When it comes to content marketing, these are generally things like:
- Overall traffic and traffic to key pages
- Downloads/Email list growth
- Effectiveness of email nurturing campaigns (opens, clicks, conversions)
- Effectiveness of landing pages (visits, time on page, conversions)
- Effectiveness of optimized elements and A/B tests - conversion optimization